Thursday 5 September 2013

littletree bakes...mary berrys' devonshire scones


image copyright littletree designs


Mary Berry is the queen of baking here in the uk, thanks to the success of the fabulous TV series The Great British Bake Off (aren't you loving the new series so far?!) And it is her personal mission to get everyone baking, a grand idea in my book!

With the traditional English Afternoon Tea on the rise in the past few years I have been in need of a foolproof scone recipe...and this is it! I will not tell you what I did because I did exactly as Mary instructed, apart from adding in a few chopped cranberries in at the end...I love cranberries but you could add whatever dried fruit you like. I also used a square, yes square, fluted cutter for my scones which I think gives them a little modern edge.

Follow the recipe HERE, do it exactly as she says and you will end up with perfect scones. It is a super simple recipe, she uses the food processor rather than all that finger flapping stuff and they take no time at all. Infact by the time I had popped them in the oven and cleaned up they were ready!

Oh and you can freeze them...so if like me you are a 2 person household and 10 scones is just too much in one sitting then once they are baked and cooled pop them in a sealed bag and freeze. Simply defrost and (to quote Mary) 'refresh in a moderate oven for about 10 minutes.'

These really are the ultimate scone and perfect for breakfast or part of an afternoon tea. They were so nice I just ate one on it's own fresh out of the oven, no butter, jam, anything...just with a cup of tea. Bliss...x




***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! So nice of you to pop by, please leave a comment if you wish. I love reading them all...Rebecca x

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...