Well here it is, the recipe you have been waiting for this week...Nutella filled Oatmeal muffins! The goodness of oats with the wickedly gooey centre of Nutella make these the perfect naughty and nice treat...this recipe was adapted from my trusty copy of Muffins Fast and Fantastic, which if you haven't bought yet I urge you to do so!
- 2oz/60g Rolled Oats
- 9 fl oz/260ml Milk
- 8oz/225g Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 4-5oz Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3 fl oz/90ml Vegetable/Sunflower Oil or Melted Butter
- Cocoa powder for dusting
- Line a 12 hole muffin tin and pre-heat the oven to 190-200c...
- In a separate bowl combine the Oats and Milk, set aside to soak while you prepare the other ingredients.
- In another bowl combine the Flour, Baking Powder and Salt.
- Into the oat/milk mix add the Egg, Sugar and Vanilla, give everything a good stir.
- Pour the wet mix into the dry as well as the Oil/Butter, stir until just combined and no flour is visible. The mix will look lumpy from the oats.
- Spoon one tablespoon of mix into the bottom of the cases and then on top dollop about half a teaspoon of Nutella into the middle of each.
- With the remaining mixture spoon another tablespoon on top of the Nutella making sure the Nutella is covered, although it's not the end of the world if a bit seeps through the top!
- Pop into the oven for 20-25mins or until brown and springy to the touch.
- Leave to cool slightly before dusting with cocoa powder.
These are best enjoyed warm so the centre is all gooey so once they have cooled they can be popped into the microwave for 10-15sec and the middle will melt all over again! Yum.....x